Genetic testing can help medical professionals:
• Identify an inherited condition or disease risk
• Diagnose genetic conditions
• Recommend personalized treatment and prevention options
Every patient who would like to know more about her pregnancy should be offered noninvasive prenatal test (NIPT). Research has shown that NIPTs are far more accurate than standard screenings in predicting the risk of genetic disorders (up to 99 percent accurate for Down's syndrome), while creating far fewer false alarms (false positives).
NIPT results will help you guide your patients in making informed decisions. Once the results of your patient's NIPT are back, you can pair them with the results of a first trimester ultrasound to determine whether further testing is needed. You may then recommend following up with amniocentesis or chorionic villi sampling (CVS to confirm the results.
Altus Life Science is the first women's health company in South Asia. We are owned and run by industry experts and medical professionals who understand patient health and doctors’ commitment to it.
Altus Life Science works side-by-side with you and your staff to seamlessly incorporate genetic testing as part of your routine practice so you can:
• Select the most appropriate genetic tests
• Get the right results the first time
• Reduce overall turnaround time
• Provide access to Genetic counselors as needed
• Combine your opinion and genetic tests to help decrease patient anxiety